for<<<< IUM> NUST>UNAM graduates>>>>
1. Lead a loan free life. Need a car? Wait, don’t jump into that dream yet . Save and then buy the car. Avoid banks as much as possible. No credit cards, I don’t need cashback and other things. Want to study abroad? No! Don’t take huge educational loans. If at all you take loans, have something to fall back on. Money is fire, you gotta be careful. Save. Every month Pay Yourself First.
2. Make mistakes. Fail, fail fast and make it public. Don’t drag it on. I wouldn’t have succeeded in this wild venture if I listened to people telling me I write shitty articles. In fact, all I wrote for the first year was pure garbage. But here is the thing. I didn’t stop. I kept pressing on because I had no time.
3. Do not be ashamed of your situation. I could have written it Anonymously, so that my Facebook friends never know how miser my life was. But No. I am not ashamed of the truth. Accept life as it is.
4. Do not compare your life with anyone.
I see a new trend, especially in Namibia. People comparing their life with IUM, UNAM and NUST graduates. As if, IUM or UNAM don’t have any struggle in life. As if NUST graduates are the happiest people. Trust me, its a myth. They too have challenges, they too have problems in their life. believe in yourself, be confident and thing that nothing is impossible, life is a journey.
5. Be very careful when success comes to you easily. It’s treacherous path to tread down. You must see failure before success, otherwise you will not know the value. Lets say you sit in a campus interviewee and clear it in one shot, take up the job and keep doing it for years, chances are high that you will regret – “Why I did not explore? What for?” Also, do not expect to get lucky every time. You will be in trouble somewhere down the road, then what are you going to do?
6. Do something on your own. However small or big, doesn’t matter. Do something completely from scratch and learn how to sell that thing. This will teach you life lessons you will use for the rest of your life. Namibian! where there is a will there is way.
This will also give you huge confidence. I don’t have any fear in my mind. Fear of what? The worst that can happen is that I will lose my day job. So what? I have worked on my own for 3-4 years without any help and have overcomed a huge financial crisis on my own, without a job. So if I am in trouble again, I know how to make my way.
7. Do not make one disappointment the center of your life.
When some incident shatters all the plans, hopes and aspirations, people start considering that pain and hurt to be the center of their lives and continue to live their lives around it.When people start considering one obstacle, challenge or misery to be the center of their life, and stops the very momentum of life, they cannot become successful in life. Nor can they achieve happiness and contentment.
8. Help people as much as possible. My friends E. Muhongo, D. Benjamin, S.Tobias, J. Lydia, I. Willem, S. junias and I. Elifas were with me during that tough phase. We have had many fights. But they were still there for me, assisting everybody where possible even though things were not always the way you expected. Be kind for everyone, everybody out there is fighting a hard battle. in case you don’t know me, This is me!!! aha-ha!
9. Do not be obsessed with “perfection”. You don’t need a perfect solution. You need a solution which is “good enough”. Big things will happen from many small things. So lets say if you have 10 small things in your pocket, one of them will be big. You don’t know which one is your trump card.
Thank you for reading my article!!